Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Wombat conquers San Francisco

Hi! My name is Wombat! (the big one)


You might think being a wombat is easy. Wombats don’t need to take block test! Wombats don’t need to work. They just sit around, dig holes and chew grass all day.


But wombats don’t always have it easy. Sometimes, life sucks! I spent 15½ hours stuffed in a cramped, stuffy bag flying to San Francisco, living in abject terror of being mistaken for a bomb by Customs and blown up. In Narita, the Japanese custom officer says, “No parsonal effects” but I only know about cinematic effects, special effects, and the Leidenfrost effect. I asked my friends Small Wombat and Kiwi and they don’t know what is a parsonal effect either.


In San Francisco, we boarded a bus and travelled for a long long time. In the bus, I jumped on Wei Quan. I think Wei Quan is scared of me!



I went to The Tech museum. There we learned about earthquakes, silicon chips, genetics and space travel. My friends built a little house, but I was too big to fit in. Here are my friends in their little house! Say hi!

(Small wombat): Hi!



After the Tech museum, we went to the Golden Gate Bridge. I call it the GG bridge, because jumping off the bridge will mean that you are GGed.





Small wombat and I at the GG bridge!


We went for a walk on the bridge. Wombats can go quite fast. Did you know that a wombat can accelerate to 30 miles an hour and hold that speed for 90 seconds?


On the bridge, kiwi saw many birds in the water below.



He wanted to fly down and join them. But it seems that we are not allowed to jump off the bridge. I don’t know why either. Do you?



Then we went for dinner in Chinatown. Luckily there is lots of fresh temperate grass in San Francisco for Small Wombat and I. Kiwi had some nice tasty insects.


Today we are going to HP labs. I think maybe Small Wombat will tell you about it, because my paws are getting tired. Bye bye.

No comments: